Something you may have seen on our ingredients list, but not be overly familiar with is Matcha.
What is Matcha
Matcha is a premium green tea powder from Japan used for drinking as tea or as an ingredient in recipes. While other green teas are grown throughout the world, matcha is unique to Japan.
Made from the nutrient-rich young leaves picked from the tips of shade-grown Camellia sinensis plants, Matcha is steamed, stemmed, and de-vined before being stone-ground into very fine powder.
We use this powder in our smoothies, bowls and food to add a unique flavour but also for the health benefits it can offer.
Why We Use Matcha
Health benefits of matcha include
- High in antioxidants
- Loaded with catchin, powerful antioxidants like EGCg which is widely recognised for its cancer-fighting properties. Matcha has over 100 times more EGCg than standard green tea.
- It enhances calm, boosts memory and concentration due to high levels of amino acid L-Theanine. Chinese Daoists and Japanese Zen Buddhist monks have known this for centuries and use matcha as a means to relax and meditate.
- Burns calories by increasing up the body’s metabolism.
- Detoxifies the body. During. High levels of chlorophyll in Matcha Powder, resulting from the way in which its made, not only give this tea its beautiful vibrant green colour but make matcha a powerful detoxifier capable of naturally removing heavy metals and chemical toxins from the body.
- Fortifies the immune system thanks to substantial amounts Potassium, Vitamins A & C, Iron, Protein, and Calcium
Who would have thought a little bit of Gre3n would be so good for you.
If you have tried one of our matcha products we would love to hear what you thought of them in the comments or whether this list of good stuff has helped you decide what you are having for lunch
Live Clean…Eat Gr3en